100 Bodybuilding Tips
1. Bodybuilding requires commitment. It is a totally different lifestyle that entails letting go of old habits and adopting new ones. You cannot go into bodybuilding and be half- hearted about it. It is a test of strength, self- discipline and willpower. Start only when you are sure you can commit time, effort and energy.
2. Your decision to start on muscle training must come from a sincere desire for a healthier and a more developed body. Do not go into it just because it’s your New Year’s resolution. People who decide to change something in them when the calendar flips
on January 1st are most likely to stray from this discipline.
3. Make an assessment of your body. Decide what kind of attention goes to which part of your body. Some people have flabbier arms while others have most of the fat collected in their midsection. This way, it is easy for you to create a program that addresses your
4. Set your goals and create a plan accordingly. How much body fat do you want to lose?
How much muscle weight do you intend to gain? Are you after gaining strength? Are you after developing speed and endurance? What about power? Give yourself a deadline of when these goals should be attained.
5. Manage your expectations. One month is a good start in losing weight but it isn’t enough to get you ripped. Make a realistic visualization of the progress you can achieve in a certain period. Do not set yourself for disappointment. Most beginners get discouraged because of the unrealistic goals they set for themselves.
6. Assess your lifestyle. How many hours a week do you intend to devote to working out? How much energy do you still have after work/school? Is it best to go before your daily duties or after? What habits must you get rid of? Alcohol? The weekend buffet? Nightly parties?
7. Create a journal. Document your progress from day 1. Write down your current weight. Measure your body fat using a fat caliper. Take photos of your body, especially the problem areas. Compare measurements as you go along your bodybuilding efforts. This shall serve as your motivation in reaching your goals.
…and many more..
There are no reviews yet.